28 September 2014

ESCAPISM

Hello!


I have this bad habit when it comes to studying, especially when I'm revising and studying for a test or an examination. I've had this habit since I was in primary school, and it carried on all the way through my university days. I guess it's my kind of escapism / coping mechanism / escape mechanism (which ever you'd like to call it). And it is a much milder, safer option than drugs and alcohol. It's my...therapy.



This bad habit of mine is... doodling. 



And here, I have proofs of this habit. They are photos from my Instagram account, where doodles and notes collide. Heheh. I always have a strong urge to draw something whenever I'm in the middle of a stressful situation. And the more stressed out I get, the more I would draw. And I would just keep drawing and drawing until I get it all out of my system, and until my head becomes much clearer. Then I would continue studying again, or whatever it was that I was originally doing.








So what is your kind of escapism?




+ + + + + + +


By the way, while composing this post, I am listening to a playlist on Youtube with songs / video clips from the era of mid 90s to early 2000s; the songs that I grew up with. No matter how old I am, these songs are always, always close to my heart. As a kid growing up in the 90s, I grew up listening to Westlife, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Spice Girls and the list goes on -- before I started being picky and began to listen to more 'rebellious', songs / bands during my teenage years. Now as a twenty-something adult, I don't really have a genre preference and I would just listen to anything that I think are good.

Here are some of the videos from the playlist! Enjoy! :p












Love,
MyeH

No comments:

Post a Comment